Top 25 Project Management Blogs
I found this list online. What you you think? Do you have any blogs to add to the list?
20 PROJECT MANAGEMENT BLOGS
- Project Shrink Though software projects have been Bas de Baar’sspecialty, his thoughts on project management in general are increasingly sought after on the internet. He’s become a bit of a guru, with posts like “Fifth Discipline: What to Do When All Your Projects are Failing.”
- Bob Sutton: Work Matters There’s a reason Bob Sutton keeps getting book deals. His project management and all-around leadership advice is often priceless, even when it’s simple (or laced with certain profanities). Case in point: “Do You End Meetings on Time?”
- Herding Cats The expertise of Glen Alleman shines on this blog, with posts such as this one on increasing the probability of project success, called “Back to Basics.“
- Project Management Hut Readers will find job listings here, as well as innovative tips like how to use a weather metaphor next time you assess the state of your project.
- PM Crunch This blog from multiple contributors offers various insights on the topic of project management, including this post from John Reilly on Software as a Service–otherwise known as” SaaS.”
- Raven’s Brain Here, Raven Young gives readers great highlights of the blogosphere on project management. In this way, her blog is a gateway to many other points of view.
- A Girl’s Guide to Project Management This blogger, Elizabeth Harrin, offers a distinctly feminine viewpoint, but she has the all around expertise to pull it off for any gender. An example? “What Are You Worth?”
- PM Majik This blog comes from multiple contributors, contains a job board, and contains a stellar post posing the question “Are You A Prima Donna PM?” It’s a worthwhile read–if nothing else, you have to see the image topping the post.
- Gary Gagliardi’s Blog He seems to be on the blogroll of every project management blogger around. Maybe it’s him or maybe it’s the Science of Strategy Institute behind him, but Gary offers up insights like “What Isn’t Changing in the Twenty-First Century?”
- Project Management Bistro The project management community site PM Boulevard sponsors this blog, with great tips like this article from guest blogger Raven Young (see #6) called “4 Keys to Successful Project Management.”
- PM Think! This blog from multiple contributors has been around for years, and still manages to find interesting things to say. Example? “Project Managers Specialize in the Project Management Lifestyle.”
- Crossderry Coming from experienced project manager Paul Ritchie, the beauty of this blog is typically found in it’s simplicity. No long rants or lectures here, just quick tidbits of advice, food for thought or simply quotes, like this one from Abraham Lincoln.
- Zen, Project Management and Life This one from Bob Tarne has been going strong for four years, with thought-provoking posts like this one: “Can You Share Best Practices?”
- Eight to Late This insightful blog goes deep and even includes graphics to help project managers who learn visually. An interesting sample, from creator Kailash Awati: “A Communication-Centric Approach to Tackling Project Complexity.”
- Beaufortes Blog Blog creators and co-founders of Beaufortes Jason Bates and Philip Greenwood prefer innovation in project management, and it shows in their blog. An example? The N-Gage Process.
- Better Projects Here, you ‘ll find Craig Brown’s musings on project management. Sometimes his thoughts are brief, but almost always helpful, such as “The Better Projects Scrum Reading List.”
- How to Manage a Camel This blog from Arras People includes a lot of project management outsourcing advice, such as “How to Maximize Short Term Project Management Contracts.”
- Cutting’s Edge Here, blogger Thomas Cutting instills his wisdom for project management with posts like“Killing False Confidence.”
- The Tao of Project Management This blog’s title isn’t just a cute play on words. Blogger John Carroll is serious in his observations of Taoism and the art of proper project management. Take a look at this convicting post: “Owning or Being Owned.”
- PM Karma Though it’s a smaller blog, from a blogger named Sreejith, it is impressive in the areas of practicality and thoroughness. Check out Sreejith’s review of project management software 5PM.
5 AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT BLOGS
- Agile Blog When Jean Tabaka and Ryan Martens (founder of Rally Software) talk Agile, people listen. This blog has a growing following for posts like this one: “8 Ways to Re-Tool a PMO in an AgileEnvironment.”
- Agile Thoughts This blog from Agile consultant Tobias Mayer has a solid following for thoughtful posts about things like this: the place of Scrum in the world.
- Drunken PM Here, Dave Prior offers Scrum and Agile project management thoughts and a lot of humor. A good sample? “Done, Done and the Bag of Oranges.” (P.S. He will be the first to tell you, he did not come up with the concept–but he might just word it the best.)
- Agile Project Management This blog from Patrick Merg proves Agile is “more than a method, it’s a mindset” with posts like this one on “MoSCoW.”
- Tommy Norman Posts like “How Scrum Are You?” might make Agile purists cringe, but Norman seems to maintain balance.